My trees just arrived - now what?
So you have received your tree in the mail and you are wondering how to establish this tree in its new home. Rest assured you are in the right place.
At first glance it may seem that your mighty tree is rather sad. No leaves or no soil - what is going on? Do not be concerned as this is perfectly normal since your trees are in their dormant state. Bare root trees are very common since they make it much easier to ship long distances. It is amazing to see how quickly these trees will establish themselves in their new home.
Steps for planting:
1. Take the trees out of its box
2. Make sure the roots are kept moist
3. Choose the right planting area for your tree
4. Get the soil ready - add soil amendments if needed depending on your tree variety
5. Dig a hole slightly larger than the root system of the tree.
6. Gently place the tree into its new home - making sure to spread out and loosen the roots
7. Cover with soil and water generously
8. Stake the bare root tree to give it extra support while the roots become established
9. Watering: Make sure to water your trees regularly until they become established. How often you water depends on the variety and the weather. However a good rule of thumb is to give a generous soaking one - two times a week.
If you have any other questions about caring for your bare root tree, please feel free to contact us.